First glance at the code
Dynamically, weakly typed
|number||double-precision 64-bit floating point format (IEEE 754)|
|string||a sequence of Unicode UTF-16 code units|
|symbol||used for anonymous object properties (new in ECMAScript 6)|
|undefined||this is the type (which has a corresponding unique value with the same name) automatically associated to variables that have never been assigned a value|
The second implication, which is a direct consequence of the first, is that during the years extensive libraries and frameworks have emerged that re-implement common funzioncionalities in a way that takes browser differences into account and smooths the incompatibilities between them, and often become the defacto standard at least for front-end software development, like the well known JQuery library.
- Netflix leverages Node.js for its massive amount of A/B testing
- LinkedIn moved its mobile app backend from Ruby on Rails to Node.js.
- Walmart re-engineered their mobile app backend adopting Node.js
- Groupon decided to rebuild their entire web layer backend on top of Node.js
- many many others, including NASA, Uber, Trello and so on use Node.js
For experienced programmers
|Whether you’re a web developer or a Node.js developer, you’ll find Understanding ECMAScript 6 indispensable on your journey from ECMAScript 5 to ECMAScript 6. Expert developer Nicholas C. Zakas provides a complete guide to the object types, syntax, and other exciting changes that... (continue on Amazon)|